Creating a WordPress Blog – Just the basics
Because you should probably have a blog 😉
- Go to WordPress.com and set up a new account by clicking “Get Started Here”
- Pick a blog address – this can be your name or anything you like that is appropriate for school work.
- Fill in the rest of the form and choose the free blog by clicking “create blog”
- Go to your email to activate account.
- Now pick you theme – free is good. Once you choose a theme click “choose this theme”
- Go to your new blog by clicking the “My blog” tab.
- Click the name of your blog then click “dashboard” to access your blog dashboard.
- Watch “Welcome” video
- Edit sidebar (or footer if your theme doesnt have a sidebar). Here you can add widgets to put more information on your blog – like a calendar.
- Click on “Pages”, “add new”, name it “About” and put information about yourself here and publish
- Add pages to your menu – Go to “Appearance” then “Menus”
- On the right, create a menu name and click “create menu”
- Look to the left and a pages window now shows your new page. Check your About page and click “add to menu”
- To access your blog anytime in browser type: blogname.wordpress.com/wp-admin and you will have access to your login.