REFLECTIONS OF THE UNIVERSE
First in Russia fulldome festival “Reflections of the Universe” will take plase in Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Center in Yaroslavl at October 21-21 2013.
Planetarium is one of the amazing inventions of the 20th century. It was born in Germany – the German engineers of «Carl Zeiss Jena» factory invented, produced and in October 1923 demonstrated to a large public a starry sky projector «Model 1» which 90 years ago marked the beginning of the planetariums epoch. The first international festival of planetarium fulldome shows in Russia is arranged to coincide with this Anniversary.
The Festival will surely give an impulse to emerging of contemporary studios producing educational and popular science media products for Russian planetariums. Today fulldome festivals are hold all over the world. Russia is about to host such a forum for the first time. It will broaden the planetariums province by opening new opportunities of science popularization and attract the attention of all groups of visitors, including young people, to the innovation activity in space and astronomical research.
«REFLECTIONS OF THE UNIVERSE» – the international festival of planetarium fulldome shows that was produced in Russia, CIS, and other foreign countries is planned to be hold annually with support of Russian Planetarium Association, International Planetarium Society and other Russian and foreign organizations.
It is remarkable that 2013 is a significant year for Russia and the whole world because it is the 50th anniversary from the space flight of Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman in space.
Organizers of the festivals:
- Yaroslavl City Hall.
- Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Center.
- Russian Planetarium Association.
- Swenson’s Art Media.
- I. N. Trofileva, Director of Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Center;
- Z. P. Sitkova, Lead Expert at Nizhniy Novgorod Planetarium, Chairman of the Executive board of Russian Planetarium Association;
- A. V. Serber, Director of Nizhniy Novgorod Planetarium;
- L. A. Panina, Director of Moscow Cultural Centre of Armed Forces Planetarium;
- A. V. Lobanov, Director of Swenson’s Art Media;
- Y. V. Gubchenko, Executive Director of Fulldome Film Society.
Host Committee secretary:
- E. N. Tikhomirova, Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Centre leading specialist.
Purpose of the festival:
- Demonstration of fulldome technologies as a powerful instrument for popularization of natural sciences and development of educational and innovative activity in culture and arts.
Goals of the festival:
- To show the potential of the planetariums, with digital fulldome equipment;
- To encourage the expansion of the planetariums scope of activity;
- To initiate production of new fulldome content.
Participants of the festival:
- Russian planetariums representatives;
- Representatives of the planetariums from CIS and foreign countries;
- Representatives of Russian scientific and educational organizations;
- Representatives of Russian and foreign fulldome content production companies;
- Individual artists, specializing on fulldome content creation;
- Executives and specialists of municipal and regional Culture and Education departments;
- Representatives of Russian and foreign business community;
- Sponsors and benefactors.
Participation entry submissions:
- Festival attendee entry form should be submitted till September 30, 2013;
- Submission of papers and presentation materials (duration less then 20 mins) – till August 30, 2013
- Submission of papers, panels and presentation materials (Duration more then 20 mins) – till July 20, 2013
Categories of fulldome materials for demonstration at the festival:
- Fulldome shows (duration: 20 – 45 min);
- Fulldome shortcuts, clips, exceptions (duration: 5 – 15 min);
- Planetarium live presentations with pre-rendered fulldome animations and clips (duration: 20 – 45 min);
- Planetarium live presentation with real-time fulldome visualization (duration: 20 – 45 min);
- Fulldome music show (duration: 5 – 15 min);
Papers, panels and workshops topics:
- Fulldome video production;
- Production of planetarium presentation;
- Sound under the dome;
- Shooting live video in fulldome;
- Sources of accurate information and original materials for planetarium shows;
- Music for planetarium.
Due to the Festival time limitations the host Committee retains the right to accept or decline any submission after consideration. The decisions shall be taken by the following criteria: contents, technical execution, artistic design, originality. All selected fulldome materials will be presented in the Starry Hall of Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Center using 6-channel Carl Zeiss ® PowerDome digital projection system with 3K resolution.
Papers, panels and workshops will take place in the premises of Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Centre.
Travel costs, meals, and accommodation of the participants of the Festival are at their own expense.
The registration fee is 1000 Roubles ($33) shall be payed at registration desk at festival. The registration fee covers the cost of the festival printable materials, an excursion, coffee-breaks.
Feedback and questions concerning the Festival proceedings are accepted to the Organizational Committee e-mails listed below:
- Ekaterina Tikhomirova, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +7(4852)726390, fax: +7(4852)726837 Valentina Tereshkova Cultural and Educational Center 150000, Yaroslavl, 3 Chaikovskogo st.;
- Andrey Lobanov, email@example.com, phone: +7(916)3038764, fax: +7(495)6410448, Swenson’s Art Media LLC;
- Yaroslav Gubchenko, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fulldome Film Society.
Original Post can be found at http://en.fulldomefilm.org/festival2013.html